RSS

2011 State of the Union salute to Johnny Carson

As I posted earlier, since the economic downturn, it's been a tradition of mine to make 25 Johnny Carson esque "How Bad Is It?" jokes on Twitter before the State of the Union.

Every President usually begins with "My fellow Americans, the State of the Union is strong."

But it isn't strong. It's bad. And Johnny's Tonight Show audience would have shouted, "How Bad Is It?" ---before Johnny would have rattled off a bunch of puns and one liners, often using topical headlines of the day.

My God, I miss Johnny Carson.

And so, in opposite order, here are the 25 I rattled off this year, for my now annual tradition in honor of the great Johnny Carson:

===============

My fellow Americans, the is so dreadful that it stinks like patchouli and listens to Dub-Step.

My fellow Americans, the is so criminal, it's sharing a cell with Bernie Madoff.

------------

May God bless America.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment